Get Started Now
Tell us about your case and our attorneys will contact you promptly
Uber Rideshare Statistics
Published on Mar 16, 2022 at 6:54 pm in News.
Are you curious about how dominant the Uber app has become? Did you know the idea for Uber was born in December 2009 when the app’s two co-founders, Travis Kalanick and Garrett Camp, could not get a taxi in Paris during a snowstorm? Here we have compiled all the numbers you need to be a bonafide Uber expert. If you are in an Uber accident, however, you’ll want help from a professional Uber accident attorney.
Uber At a Glance
Here are the basics about Uber to get you started:
- Uber’s yearly revenues: $11+ billion
- Number of corporate Uber employees: 19,000
- Number of worldwide Uber customers: 75 million
- Number of dedicated Uber drivers: 3 million (in over 80 countries)
- Number of total rides given by Uber since its inception: 5 billion
- Uber’s original name: UberCab
Here are some unique talking points straight from Uber themselves:
- Over 500 Uber users took rides on 5 continents in 2021. Two Uber users took rides on 6 continents last year!
- Uber’s most popular tourist destination across the globe? The Empire State Building in New York City. Uber reports that one of their NYC drivers made over 250 trips to the Empire State Building in 2021.
- You can use emojis to search for what you want on UberEats. Satisfy your craving for 🍜, 🍕, 🍔, or 🍨 in 2022 style!
- Uber’s first employee, Manager Ryan Graves, got the job via a Twitter exchange with the owners. He was given an ownership share in the company and is now a billionaire.
Do you remember your first Uber ride? Here is a quick timeline of Uber’s history:
- March 2009 – the “UberCab” business model is created.
- June 2010 – UberCab launches in San Francisco
- October 2010 – The newly-renamed Uber gains 1.25 million in investment funding to grow
- May 2011 – Uber takes on New York City as its second city
- December 2013 – the first lawsuit by Uber drivers against the company
- April 2015 – UberEats opens its doors.
- May 2019 – Uber becomes a publicly-traded company on the New York Stock Exchange
Uber Ride Statistics
Considering all these insane numbers, let’s take a deeper look at Uber’s ride statistics:
- 16 million Uber rides are completed daily
- 10,000 cities in 69 countries across the globe allow for Uber to operate and offer rides to the public in their cities
- There are 98 million active Uber users each month.
- The average Uber customer uses the app 11.1 times each month (combining rides and food delivery)
- While Uber users took fewer rides during the early part of the pandemic, they compensated by ordering more delivery meals. App users spent $30.2 billion on UberEats in 2020, up from $14.5 billion in 2019. In the same time period, people spent $26.61 billion on Uber trips, down from $49.7 billion the year before. Despite this flip, Uber users ultimately spent $7 billion less in 2020 than in 2019.
If Something Goes Wrong, Seek Help From a Los Angeles Uber Accident Attorney
Please contact us at Ride App Law Group. We are Los Angeles Uber accident attorneys. This is all we do around the clock. We can help with whatever legal problem you have with Uber following an accident and injuries. Set up a free consultation today.